A rally dedicated to the opening of a monument at the grave of soldiers of the Soviet Army who died in battles near Moscow in 1941. The monument was built with the help and funds of schoolchildren of Nikolina Gora (a settlement 40 km from Moscow). Lieutenant General V.P. Pronin opens the monument (removes the veil), reads out greetings and gratitude to schoolchildren-builders from Marshal of the Soviet Union V.D.Sokolovsky. The meeting is attended by: Y. Fayer, A. Goldenveiser, M. Botvinnik, R. Struchkova, S. Mikhalkov and others. Schoolchildren lay wreaths at the monument.